Thursday, December 3, 2015
Muskie Born
I am currently go to Muskingum university and my plan is to major in computer science. The only difference between me and most other students is I still live at home. I went to john Glenn high school only about two miles from my college where i commute from now. I have lived in New concord for all 19 years of my life living on the same piece of land i have always known. I have been on muskingum campus more than most of the 4 year seniors have. In high school i played all 4 years of football on the same football field as the college players. Even as a young child i was on campus a lot when i used to go to the preschool where my mother worked on campus.I already know a lot of the staff on campus due to the fact that i went to school with their kids. One of my friends step dad is the chief of campus police, while another friend's mother is Janet Bass which in charge of student security matters. I have done a lot of things on muskingum campus from lifting to sled riding all which i have done on a the course of 19 years. Now that i attend muskingum as a student i can experience another side of it that i have never seen before. I am learning things about the campus and the things on it that i never thought of questioning what or why things were. I am learning the history of things that i never knew. As a student I see things I never saw before or never paid to much attention to. I always told my self I wasn't going to go to muskingum because I never wanted to stay at home. However when I got a scholarship that almost paid for my entire tuition I could not say no. While a lot of people go in to their lives with $100,000 plus debt I can get my degree with a few thousand dollars that i can pay off before i even leave college.My plan is to get my degree then find a career that i enjoy while I start my life on a fresh start.I have been a muskie my entire life since the day i was born till the day i die, i will always be a muskie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It must be pretty nice to have the constant feel of being home considering you have been here for years. Like you I am pretty familiar with this campus because I went to Tri-Valley and have played football here against you. However, I do live just far enough way that I figured it would be more logical to live on campus. Well that and I wanted to live on my own.
ReplyDelete